If you are looking for the best husky puppy formula, we tested 11 separate options and discovered that Nature’s Recipe Puppy Formula is the best overall choice for husky puppies.
Some of the reasons why we believe this recipe is ideal for husky puppies include:
- This is a recipe that is rich in protein. Real lamb is the primary ingredient. It has numerous important nutrients that your puppy needs to grow up big and strong.
- You also need to make sure that your husky puppy has the necessary ingredients to support eye and brain development. This recipe is packed with DHA, which is perfect for giving your husky puppy the foundation of a strong nervous system.
- Even though the kibble is small, it is packed with numerous nutrients. Whole grains such as barley, oatmeal, and rice are important for providing your husky with plenty of carbohydrates.
- This recipe is also packed with a lot of fiber, which is perfect for supporting your dog’s digestive system.
- This recipe is also free from added preservatives. It does not contain any artificial colors or flavors, and it also does not contain any soy, wheat, or corn.
Ultimately, these are just a few of the many reasons why we believe this recipe is the best option for your husky puppy. At the same time, just because this is the best overall recipe doesn’t necessarily mean it is best for your husky.
There are certain situations where you might need something a bit different. Maybe you need something that is a bit smaller, or perhaps you are looking for a dog food that has been specifically designed for puppies with allergies.
If that is the case, it is important to take a closer look at some of the other options on the list. Learn more about why some of these dog foods are ideal for husky puppies, and make sure you select the best one for your needs.
1. Nature’s Recipe Puppy Formula – Best Overall
Even though there are plenty of exceptional husky puppy dog foods out there, you should take a closer look at this option for Nature’s Recipe. It contains everything that your husky puppy needs to grow up healthily. It contains a lot of wholesome ingredients, including lamb and rice. It has a wide variety of ingredients, so you know your puppy will receive numerous vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that are essential to his or her development.
In addition, this dog food contains a lot of antioxidants that are perfect for protecting your puppy against inflammation. It has lots of fruits and vegetables that are packed with vitamins and minerals, and it has both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. They are ideal for keeping your husky puppy healthy.
If you are looking for a well-rounded dog food that has everything your husky puppy needs, consider going with this option from Nature’s Recipe. It is a cost-effective option that will provide your husky with a strong foundation that he or she can use to develop appropriately. Learn more about the best food for husky puppies!
2. Taste of the Wild With Roasted Venison and Bison – Best for Those Looking for Small Kibble
If you are looking for Husky puppy food that has smaller kibble, then you should consider going with this choice from Taste of the Wild. It contains lots of lean protein that your puppy requires to grow up big and strong. Because the kibble is significantly smaller, your dog should not have any problem chewing or swallowing it. It is important for you to identify dog food that your husky puppy can get in his or her mouth without choking. In addition, this dog food has a wide variety of ingredients, including antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It also contains a lot of probiotics that can protect his or her digestive tract.
As an added bonus, this dog food is also free from a wide variety of filler ingredients that would otherwise irritate your dog’s digestive tract. It does not have any soy, fillers, corn, wheat, or grain. It also does not contain any artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. This is a well-rounded dog food with relatively small, bite-sized pieces that your husky puppy should not have any problem chewing.
3. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Dry Dog Food for Puppies – Best for Those Who Need Extra Protein
If you are looking for delicious dog food for husky puppies that contains some extra protein, you should take a look at this option from Blue Buffalo. This is a high-protein puppy dog food that is perfect for Husky puppies that need to put on a bunch of lean muscle.
Even though the focus of this dog food is protein, it has a variety of other healthy ingredients as well. For example, it contains a lot of fruits and vegetables that are packed with vitamins and minerals. It also contains omega 3 fatty acids that are ideal for the development of your puppy’s central nervous system.
Even though this dog food is not specifically designed for dogs that have a history of allergies, it is free from a lot of common digestive irritants. If you are looking for dog food with plenty of protein, consider going with this option from Blue Buffalo.
4. Sojos Complete Natural Freeze-Dried Dog Food – Best Dehydrated Dog Food for Husky Puppies
If you are interested in giving your dog some dehydrated dog food, take a closer look at this choice from Sojos Complete. Even though this company is known for producing dog food that is a bit more expensive than some of the other choices, it has been made using wholesome ingredients. It is dehydrated dog food that should last a long time, and it contains numerous sources of freeze-dried protein. The protein comes from poultry and fish, so you should not have to worry about exposing your dog to any red meat if you do not want to. The main protein sources are turkey and salmon.
In addition, this dog food contains all the necessary nutrients your husky puppy needs to develop appropriately. You can turn one package of this dehydrated dog food into 12 lb of wet puppy food, so it should last a long time. Even though it may look more expensive on the surface, you can use the ingredients to make meals that will last for a while. Therefore, this could be a cost-effective way for you to give your husky puppy all the nutrients that he or she requires.
5. Canidae Pure Puppy Chicken Recipe – Best for Limited Ingredient Wet Dog Food for Husky Puppies
If you are concerned that your husky puppy may have some allergies you don’t know about, then you may want to go with a limited ingredient dog food. If that is the case, then consider this option from Canidae. Canidae is known for producing high-quality dog food that is ideal for dogs with a history of allergies. If you need to soothe the digestive tract of your husky puppy, this could be the best option.
This recipe has been made using real chicken protein. It also contains plenty of chicken broth that is packed with numerous nutrients that your husky can benefit from. This recipe also has lots of essential fatty acids that are ideal for the development of your dog’s central nervous system, as well as antioxidants that can protect your puppy from harm. When this is rounded out with a bunch of vitamins and minerals, it is easy to see why this is one of the most popular husky puppy dog food options on the market. Take a closer look at this option from Canidae, and consider using this to feed your husky puppy.
6. Blue Buffalo Wet Food, Turkey, and Chicken – Best Wet Food for Husky Puppies
If you are looking for wet dog food for your husky puppy, you should take a closer look at this choice from Blue Buffalo Wilderness. Even though this wet dog food is a bit more expensive, it comes in cans that are very easy to open. Furthermore, the wet dog food will be easier for your young puppy to chew.
This wet dog food has been made using real meat protein. It has also been enriched with numerous antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. You don’t have to worry about any digestive irritants in this dog food either. It does not contain any by-products, soy, corn, or wheat. Even though your puppy does not necessarily have to stay away from these ingredients, they are common causes of allergies. Therefore, you might rather err on the safe side.
This wet dog food is also free from any artificial ingredients. As a result, this could be a strong option if you are looking for wet dog food for your husky puppy. Consider giving your husky this wet dog food from Blue Buffalo.
7. Wellness Complete Grain-Free Dry Dog Food for Puppies – Best for Husky Puppies With an Upset Stomach
If you want to soothe the GI tract of your husky puppy, then you need to consider this option from Wellness Complete. This is a recipe that is filled with chicken and salmon. It does not contain any known irritants, and it does not have any grain. This recipe does contain a lot of vegetables, antioxidants, and probiotics. The probiotics are important for ensuring your dog has a healthy digestive tract, and the antioxidants are important for protecting your dog against inflammation.
One unique ingredient that this recipe has is flaxseed. Flaxseed is important for improving the health of your dog’s GI tract. If your dog has an upset stomach, then you should consider this recipe from Wellness Complete. It might be exactly what your dog needs to restore his or her balance. The lean protein is important for building plenty of muscle tissue, and the vitamins and minerals are critical to the development of your dog’s internal organ systems.
8. Natural Balance Potato and Duck Limited Ingredient Formula – Best for a One-Protein Dog Food
If you really want to limit the protein sources of your husky puppy, consider going with this option from Natural Balance. While protein is important for your husky puppy, this recipe only has duck. It does not contain any pork, beef, or chicken. At the same time, this recipe is still packed with everything your husky puppy needs to grow up big and strong. It has a lot of potatoes, it has numerous vitamins and minerals, and it has plenty of antioxidants as well.
As an added bonus, this recipe also uses a smaller kibble size. Therefore, it is perfect for puppies with smaller mouths. Your husky puppy should have an easy time picking up the kibble, grasping it, and chewing it. If you need a husky puppy food that only has one protein source, think about going with this option from Natural Balance.
9. Instinct Raw Boost for Puppies – Best Grain-Free Option for Husky Puppies
If you are looking for a way to avoid grain, then you should consider choosing this dog food from Instinct Raw Boost. This recipe does not contain any wheat, potato, soy, or corn. It also does not contain any by-products or artificial ingredients. The kibble sizes are relatively small, ensuring that your husky puppy can digest them easily. It also contains numerous freeze-dried protein bits, which are important for giving your husky puppy a well-rounded diet.
In addition, this delicious dog food has plenty of probiotics. Probiotics are important for ensuring that your husky puppy has healthy bacteria in his or her digestive tract. They are essential for ensuring your puppy can extract all the nutrients from his or her food. If you are looking for a grain-free option for your husky puppy, take a closer look at this choice from Instinct.
10. Canidae Grain-Free Dry Dog Food for Puppies – Best Dry Dog Food for Active Husky Puppies
Husky puppies are very active, and you need to find a dog food that will provide them with the carbohydrates they need to run around and exercise. That is where this option from Canidae is helpful. It contains the perfect balance of protein and easy carbohydrates, ensuring that your husky puppy can digest his or her food easily. The recipe has been specifically designed for puppies that are on a limited-ingredient diet; however, it is still packed with carbohydrates that are perfect for giving your dog that energy that he or she needs.
Furthermore, this recipe is also packed with nine separate vitamins and minerals. They are important for ensuring that your husky puppy develops appropriately. With the perfect balance of protein and carbohydrates, it is easy to see why so many husky owners have fallen in love with this option. Consider going with this choice from Canidae.
11. Merrick Lil’ Plates Grain-Free Puppy Plate – Best for Husky Puppies With Allergies
If your vet has told you that your husky puppy has a history of allergies, then it is important for you to select a dog food that avoids common allergens. You should take a closer look at this choice from Merrick. While the servings are a bit smaller, the recipe stays away from the most common sources of allergies in dogs. The recipe does not contain any wheat, corn, soy, or gluten. Furthermore, it does not contain any artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Because this is a recipe that avoids common allergens and irritants, it should be perfect for your husky puppy.
It is true that this recipe is a bit more expensive, but it does have all of the nutrition your husky requires to grow up big and strong. With lots of meat, vegetables, and fruit, your puppy will still have plenty of ingredients to chow down on. Even though it can be frustrating if your husky puppy has allergies, you should consider going with this choice from Merrick to make sure your husky has everything that he or she requires.
Buying Guide: What To Look For When Buying Husky Puppy Dog Food
Because there are so many options available, you may have a difficult time deciding which dog food is best for your husky puppy. You need to think about specific features, problems, and situations that will play a role in what is best for your dog. Some of the most important things you need to think about include:
The Features of the Dog Food
First, you need to think about the specific features the dog food must have. That is why you need to find dog food that has been specifically designed for puppies. You need to feed your husky puppy age-appropriate food. This could include a combination of dry kibble and canned wet food, but puppies have different nutritional needs when compared to adult dogs. Therefore, make sure you find dog food specifically designed for puppies.
Next, you need to find husky puppy food that contains plenty of protein. Protein is essential because your husky is growing quickly. He or she is going to have to put on a lot of muscle mass in a short amount of time. The only way this will happen is if your puppy eats dog food that contains plenty of fresh protein.
Furthermore, you should also look for a husky puppy food that has plenty of DHA. DHA is important because it is the foundation of a strong central nervous system. You want your puppy’s eyes to develop appropriately, and you want your puppy’s brain to develop appropriately as well. Dog food that has DHA will ensure this happens.
Finally, do not hesitate to take a look at a few reviews as well. You should explore what other dog owners have found. If other dog owners have had a good experience with that product, there is a good chance that your husky will enjoy it as well.
Potential Problems With Dog Food
Next, you need to anticipate potential problems you might run into as you try to feed your husky puppy the right dog food. Some of the most common issues you might encounter include:
- Kibble Size: You need to think about the size of the dog food. Even though huskies will grow up to be large dogs, they are still pretty small puppies. They do not have the biggest mouths in the world. If the kibble is too big, your puppy will not be able to chew it. Furthermore, if your puppy tries to eat food that is too big, he or she could choke on it. Therefore, pay close attention to the size of the kibble.
- Nutritional Density: Next, you should take a look at the nutritional density of the dog food as well. You may have found a dog food that contains lots of nutrients, but if it is not nutrient-dense, your puppy will not be able to eat enough of it to access the nutrients that he or she requires. You need a dog food that has lots of nutrition in a small package. That way, the dog food will fit in your dog’s stomach, and your puppy will access the nutrition that he or she requires.
- Sensitive Stomach: Not every husky puppy will have a sensitive stomach, but if you believe that your husky has a sensitive stomach, then you may want to find puppy food that has been formulated for this purpose. That way, you can avoid possible GI issues in your husky puppy.
Make sure you anticipate these potential problems as you are looking for the right dog food for your husky puppy.
Specific Use Cases for Your Husky Puppy
You might also be looking for a husky puppy food that has been formulated for a specific purpose. A few potential examples include:
- A Limited Ingredient Diet: You might find husky puppy food that has been labeled as a limited ingredient diet. This is dog food that has been designed for dogs with a history of allergies. If your vet has told you that your dog has allergies, this is what you should look for.
- Dehydration Concerns: If your vet has told you that your dog has a history of dehydration, then you might want to go with wet food instead. Even though dry food is fine for most dogs, it can also be a problem if your dog gets dehydrated quickly.
- Joint Issues: If your husky puppy has joint issues, then you should look for dog food that has extra chondroitin and Glucosamine in it. These are ingredients that are critical to the development of strong joints. Not all puppies are going to have joint problems, but this is something you may want to consider.
These are a handful of examples of specific use cases you might want to consider. Not every husky owner has to think about this, but they might be things you want to raise with your veterinarian. If you believe your husky puppy is having a problem with certain types of dog food, make sure you think about these potential scenarios.
Choose Nature’s Recipe Puppy and Lamb for the Best Husky Puppy Food
In the end, if you are looking for the best husky puppy food, then you should go with Nature’s Recipe Puppy and Lamb. This is a cost-effective dog food that is packed with plenty of lean protein. Your husky will have everything that he or she needs to grow up big and strong. In addition, this dog food has plenty of d h a that is important for the development of your husky puppy’s eyes and brain.
Make sure you take your husky puppy to the vet regularly so that you can make sure that he or she is developing appropriately. Then, consider purchasing Nature’s Recipe Puppy and Lamb formula on Chewy!